The 950MW Moray offshore wind farm (East), also known as Moray East offshore wind farm, is being developed in the Outer Moray Firth, 22km off the coast of Scotland.
It is the first of two wind farms planned to be developed in the Moray Firth Zone and was approved for the expansion of up to 1,116MW in 2016.
The project is being developed by Moray Offshore Wind Farm East (MOWEL), a joint venture of EDP Renewables (33.3%), Engie (23.3%), Diamond Green Limited (33.4%) and CTG (10%).
The wind farm will supply electricity at £57.50/MWh for 15 years under a Contract for Difference (CFD) signed with the UK Government in September 2017.
The construction of the offshore wind farm commenced in December 2018 with the estimated investment of £2.6bn ($3.3bn). The wind farm is scheduled to be operational in 2022.
The Moray East offshore wind farm will be able to fulfil approximately 40% of the total electricity demand in Scotland and can power 950,000 households in the UK. The wind farm will offset 1.7 million tonnes of carbon emissions every year.
CNOOD is selected as approved supplier by EPC Contractor to supply of 24,000MT Steel Plates for Offshore Wind Farm Jackets.
1. Plate steel grade EN10025-4: 2004 S355M, S355M-Z35, S355ML, S355ML-Z35 and EN10225:2009 S355G7+M, S355G7+M-Z35, S355G8+M, S355G8+M-Z35
2. Total 24,000MT plates but with short deliver time required by the contractor: first batch 7 weeks after PO, and balance 12 weeks after PO.
3. Strict Quality Requirement: EN10029 Class N for plate flatness tolerance, EN10029 Class C for plate thickness tolerance, Impact test at -40degree for both transverse and longitudinal direction with same value
4. EN10204 3.2 MTC
CNOOD's scope of services included procurement, inspection, packing, delivery and discharging for the 24000, MT steel plates. CNOOD provide full technical support for plate mill to fully understand the EN10025-4, EN10225 and Project Sepcification Requirement.
In order to ensure the project delivery time requirement, CNOOD arrange expeditor at plate mill ensure the each productIon process was moved smoothly as plan. For some urgent plates, CNOOD arrange flat rack for ensure without delay for the delivery time.
1. High quality supplied plate for offshore wind farm jacket.
2. Short delivery time ensure contractor's continuious fabrication for jacket.
3. Technical support and after service for client.